[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.0.0rc3 Available for Download

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:12:13 MDT 2012

On 16 October 2012 15:10, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:

> On 16/10/12 10:31, Karolin Seeger wrote:
>
>> Release Announcements
>> ---------------------
>>
>> This is the third release candidate of Samba 4.0.
>>

> Hi
> I've been updating from the v4-0-test branch and have landed at:
> Version 4.0.0rc3-GIT-293b100
>
> A git pull tells me that it is Already up to date.
>
> To get rc3 do I have to download the tarball and rebuild?

If you run the following you will see the rc3 tag:

$ git tag | grep 4.*rc
release-3-4-0rc1
samba-3.4.0rc1
samba-4.0.0rc1
samba-4.0.0rc2
samba-4.0.0rc3

What you can do is create a new local branch pointing at samba-4.0.0rc3
like this:

$ git checkout -b v4.0.0rc3 samba-4.0.0rc3
Switched to a new branch 'v4.0.0rc3'

That should (unless I am mistaken) be identical to the tarball.

If you want to switch back to the v4-0-test branch again later, just do
this:

$ git checkout v4-0-test

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>