[Samba] file sharing issue in samba4

Repute Infosystems info at reputeinfosystems.com
Wed Oct 10 14:32:40 MDT 2012

Hello,

I understand that you people are too much busy. but still I want to give it try with hope of miracle.

my question is, I have installed samba 4 PDC on ubuntu. and in this domain we will have windows7,mac etc as client. and ubuntu will be centralized file server. so, I am facing problem is samba is not giving any respect to acl file level permission. if share is read only and I give explicit permission of read/write to any file through acl its not working. if I keep share in write mode and then explicitly give just readonly permission to any file, it is not stopping samba to let user edit file.

it was working this way in samba3. we have tried to find out everywhere, the solution of this problem but we failed. finally I thought to leave an email. I believe this is very commonly asked question and now proper answer anywhere.

please help

thanks

Ankur Chotai
www.reputeinfosystems.com