[Samba] How can I show only the shares that user have access to in SAMBA

Christian Rost christian.rost at rocon-it.de
Thu Oct 11 00:06:32 MDT 2012

Hi Simon,

as far as I know, you can't hide shares with user specific settings. It is not implemented wether in Windows nor in Samba. The only way is to hide the share for all users by adding the "$" at the end of the share name - like [kmplan$].

To limit access to the share you need to set share and corresponding filesystem permissions.

Cheers,

Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Rost