[Samba] Integrate Samba with Active Directory

Bruno Martins - GALILEU LISBOA bmartins at galileu.pt
Tue Jul 19 09:05:48 MDT 2011

Hello guys,

I am setting up a Samba server (based on CentOS 5.6) on my company which
will act as a print and file server. Also, it has dropbox installed.

I have set up everything regarding to CUPS and Samba itself, but I'm not
being able to integrate my shares with Active Directory.

All I want is that access control to Samba shares is made through Active
Directory users and their respective passwords, and not through
Unix-style users and groups. Is this possible?

Some configuration files:

/etc/nsswitch.conf - http://pastebin.com/rPgXSL6G

/etc/samba/smb.conf - http://pastebin.com/9uffAyjV

/etc/krb5.conf - http://pastebin.com/9zJFQR6J

Can someone please give me some lights on this?

If you need more information, just tell me. ;-)

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Bruno Martins