[Samba] vfs_acl_xattr issue

zorgman zorg at probesys.com
Wed Nov 10 04:33:35 MST 2010

Le 08/10/2010 17:58, zorgman a écrit :
> Hello,
> I'm using samba 3.4.8~dfsg-2 with "vfs objects = acl_xattr".
>
> [share]
>     path = /home/users/xxxx
>     valid users = xxxx
>     read only = No
>     create mask = 0666
>     directory mask = 0770
>     vfs objects = acl_xattr
>
> Here is my problem, i'm connecting to my share, which have a folder
> 'f01' with some acl.
> I created a folder and broke inherit 'f02'.
> Now if i create a folder in 'f02' without change it (so it's called
> "New folder", the checkbox "inherit acl" is checked). If i rename "New
> folder" as "something" the checkbox "inherit acl" is becoming unchecked.
>

> F01  => tutu,toto,titi  (inherited checked)
>         \_F02 => tutu,toto (inherited unchecked)
>             \_New folder => tutu,toto (inherited checked)
>             \_something =>  tutu,toto (inherited unchecked)
>

> Can you help me?
>

> thanks

I tried different thing, first, update samba to 3.5.6.

All seems work but unless I check de "Replace permission entries on all
child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects.
Include these with entries explicitly defined here", after that, if i
create a child folder, the inherited checkbox is unchecked unless i
don't rename it.

The "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown
here that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly
defined here" seems also have some problems because if I try it on somes
folders, i have Windows erros like : " An error occured when applied
security information to "
\Device\Lanman\Redirector\nb_servername\shere....".

Is there a link between the probs?

Please help me!