[Samba] samba4 HEAD: unable to provision

Francesco Malvezzi francesco.malvezzi at unimore.it
Wed Jan 27 01:30:01 MST 2010

> targetdir was None when that part of the code ran and os.path.join()
> didn't like that.  I think you might be able to use --targetdir=... on
> the command line, but the help text ("Set target directory") is as
> helpful as a comment like:
>
> x++; /* increment x */

Thank you!

It fixed it, well, actually it fixed that issue.

Now I'm stuck with
"samba.provisionexceptions.ProvisioningError: slapd died before we could
make a connection to it"
because slapd_provision_command:
"/usr/local/libexec/slapd
-F/opt/src/samba-master/source4/setup/private/ldap/slapd.d -h
ldapi://%2Fopt%2Fsrc%2Fsamba-master%2Fsource4%2Fsetup%2Fprivate%2Fldap%2Fldapi
-d-1"
fails in locating
ldif_read_file: no entry file
"/opt/src/samba-master/source4/setup/private/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config.ldif"

I should investigate more, but again thank you for your help.

Francesco