[Samba] How to speed up Samba From Mac OS 10.6 to access Windows Share under W2K3

Kostic, Jacques Jacques.Kostic at pmintl.com
Thu Jan 21 06:34:51 MST 2010

We I connect to //w2k3/share I am effectively using a GUI tool to do that.

The tool show me my server like this:

	smb://licorne

If I the double click on this, then I am getting all my shares and I can mount one.

So Yes Samba is used and at the end the smbclient //w2k3/share  is raised to map my drive.

I may forums I saw some performance issues with Samba but no relevant answers on how to optimize.

Many thanks
jko