[Samba] Upgrading from samba-3.0.34 to 3.4.4 - result: domain controller unavailable

heals1ic heals1ic at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:20:01 MST 2010

What form is your domain name in the previous version of Samba?  - DOMAIN.COM
etc or just DOMAIN?

I recently ran into a similar problem -
http://old.nabble.com/Samba-PDC-workgroup-%3D-domain.com-support-td27139137.html
Samba PDC workgroup = DOMAIN.COM support .

When I went to access the domain from a windows machine it would only find a
domain controller for the DOMAIN domain not the DOMAIN.COM domain even if
DOMAIN.COM was the value for workgroup in the smb.conf file.

I am wondering if samba has stopped supporting dotted domain names in their
recent releases.