[Samba] Upgrading from samba-3.0.34 to 3.4.4 - result: domain controller unavailable

Marcin Giedz marcin.giedz at arise.pl
Wed Jan 13 14:21:52 MST 2010

Hi.

Today I upgraded samba from 3.0.34 to 3.4.4 without changing anything in
smb.conf but with changing local and domain sid:
old samba 1) net getdomainsid and getlocalsid
new samba 2) net setdomainsid and setlocalsid to ones (both the same)
from 1)

after restarting samba I can't log into domain: XP says : domain
controller unavailable ... I tried to rejoin domain - and I can ;)
however again login fails with such message.

Switching back to 3.0.34 results in proper log in

What can be wrong? Have I forgotten abut something?

Thanks,
Marcin