[Samba] idmap positive caching

Wasim Bashir bashirwz at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:02:47 MST 2010

Hi,

Thanks for that however i don't think that is the parameter which i am
after, basically i want to increase the timeout which looks like this when
you run a net cache list :

Key: IDMAP/SID2UID/S-1-5-21-1587460048-1370446368-1630864436-16176
Timeout : Wed Jan 13 15:29:11 2010       Value: 423047
the above key is almost a week old and once it expires the only way to fix
it is to flush the cache, however the cache is not regenerated correctly
(incorrect gids) and the only way i can fix this is to rename the idmap
config inside smb.conf, flush the cache again, run a getent passwd to
populate the cache, then rename idmap config back and restart smb and
winbind.. then its ok for a week...