[Samba] Renaming a computer on a Samba domain

Jason Somers jason at redbarncomputers.com
Tue Jan 12 12:24:25 MST 2010

Clients are NFP, and have about 100 workstations. Once or twice a year,
they get grants for upwards of 10 new systems. These systems get
distributed to those with the most need, and in turn, their systems get
passed to whomever has computers less powerful than those.  System names
reflect different departments and subdepartments, so if you move a
computer anywhere, its name must change.

Make sense?

-Jason

Jason Somers
Network Administrator