[Samba] concurrent ms access usage does not work with 3.4.3

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Tue Jan 12 08:33:40 MST 2010

Since we upgraded samba to 3.4.3 ( from 3.0.26a ) on our fileserver only
one user at a time can use a ms access ( .mdb ) program we wrote. The
second user that tries to start this application gets a message that the
mdb is lockeb by another user. The strange thing is that I as
administrator can connect as second uset to the mdb without problems.

Is this a known probleme and is there a solution ?

Thanks
Andreas