[Samba] PDC directory permission fail (Bino Oetomo)

James Kosin JKosin at intcomgrp.com
Wed Jan 6 12:29:37 MST 2010

Bino,

The permissions should be 770 for directories.  They need execute
privileges for directories to be able to get access to the directories.
You should be able to set the files for 660 though I don't believe it
will keep windows from executing a file.

With 'force' before 'create mask' or 'directory mask' allows you to set
bits.  You should have 'create mask 660' to force files (other than
directories) to not allow setting of the execute bit.  And directories
should usually be 'force directory mask 770' with maybe a 'directory
mask 770' before this to prevent anyone allowing a directory to be
read/writeable by everyone.

James