[Samba] Joining Windows XP client to Samba 3 domain: Access denied

Vinicius Abrahao vinnix.bsd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:52:09 MST 2010

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Christian Geiger <c.geiger at lohrmann.de> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> When I try to join a Windows XP client to a Samba 3 domain I get an access
> denied error. Below's my configuration and a snippet from the log file. Has
> someone an idea what I need to change / do in order to be able to join the
> domain from Windows?
>
> Thx in advance for your help!
>
> Chris

Hi Chris, how are you?

Happy 2010, btw!!  Sorry for importune you&&list with a topic about 2
months ago, but...

I'm had this same problem with my samba. What Is your ambient?
Mine is: FreeBSD 8-STABLE
Samba 3.3.9
Openldap: 2.4.21 (I note that you are using LDAP-base too).

Do you have best luck with this, since your report?

I'll try to REinstall this service from scratch, in this week. Cause I'm
pretty sure that service had work here (at 3.3.7 version /freebsd 7.1) but
been honest I dont remember (it's a test lab, not a production).

By the way, shares(smbd), are working very well(production too,
authenticate on AD) and I can
easily share files at my win/mac/nix network without any problems!
With an web ldap
administration (LAM) is great to delegate (or at  least get a help )
the administration of these
"little rain forests".

Congrats community!

Best wishes!
Vinícius A. Schmidt [vinnix at triariusBR]