[Samba] Moving PDC from Fedora to RHEL5 - _net_auth2: creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:58:42 MST 2010

Windows 7 requires Samba 3.3.x or 3.4.x.  I know between 3.4.x and 3.0.x
there are changes in how ldap and the samba group mapping.  If you don't
have group mapping working for some of the key domain groups things are
not going to work.       I have to think there is a whole list of other
things that could possible break.

If you really have to run samba on your RHEL5.x machine you may want to
recompile a newer version of samba.