[Samba] kerberos @ samba4 DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Dec 3 16:09:21 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 12:23 +0100, Rafa Toucedo wrote:
> Hello, when I try to put my SAMBA4 as DC from a domain controller in windows
> 2000

Firstly, I don't think that Samba4 currently operates with Windows 2000.
We are working to improve this, but expect problems.

> /usr/local/samba # bin/samba-tool join (WINDOWS 2000 DOMAIN). DC
> -U(USER)@(WINDOWS 2000 DOMAIN)%(PASSWORD) --realm=(WINDOWS 2000 DOMAIN). -d5
>
> throws me the following error:
>
> Failed to get CCACHE for GSSAPI client: KDC has no support for encryption
> type
> Aquiring initiator credentials failed: kinit for ADMCONST at DOMD4086 failed
> (KDC has no support for encryption type: KDC has no support for encryption
> type)
> Failed to start GENSEC client mech gssapi_krb5: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>

> My krb5.conf is as follows:
>
> [libdefaults]
>         default_realm = (WINDOWS 2000 DOMAIN)
>         dns_lookup_realm = true
>         dns_lookup_kdc = true
>         clockskew = 300
>         default_keytab_name  = FILE:/home/pilote/rafa.keytab

The biggest problem is that you need to remove this restriction on the
encryption types.  The library defaults are correct - this restricts you
to an encryption type that is insecure, and disabled in Samba by
default:

>         default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
>         default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
> [realms]

Remove this (the DNS option above is better)

> (WINDOWS 2000 DOMAIN) = {
>         kdc = (HOSTNAME).(WINDOWS 2000 DOMAIN):88
> }

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.