[Samba] Windows 7 problem accessing domain member samba serve r on different subnet

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Wed Dec 1 07:31:55 MST 2010

We recently ran into a similar issue.  If you have any microsoft "Live"
components installed on your 7 box, samba servers must be contacted by
numeric IP address rather than netbios (or even IP mnemonic) name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8303-cant-connect-samba-share-via
-name-ip-works.html

Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology and Aviation
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."