[Samba] block streaming from samba server

Muhammed Sameer samix_119 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 05:01:45 MDT 2009

hey all,

I noticed that If I have media files in my samba share and a user double clicks on the share the media starts to stream from my linux box to the windows box.

This hampers my B/W and I would prefer users to rather download the file then play it, I read a lot on the net regarding this but was unable to find a appropriate solution

Can someone please suggest what can I do so that when the user clicks on the media file he is forced to download it and does not get to stream the file off my linux box

Regards,
Muhammed Sameer