[Samba] cant browse user home directories

Roger D Vargas roger at ehtsc.co.cu
Wed Aug 12 15:35:37 MDT 2009

Adam Williams escribió:
> this is what I use for my homes share:
>
> [homes]
>        comment = Home Directories
>        writeable = Yes
>        browseable = No
>        hide dot files = yes
>        public = no
>        valid users = %S
>        create mask = 0750
>        force create mode = 0750
>        directory mask = 0750
>        force directory mode = 0750
>        csc policy = disable
>        nt acl support = no
>        veto files = /*.mp3/
>        delete veto files = yes
>        force group = users
>
> however i think your users aren't authenticating for some reason.  are
> you using ldap, tdbsam, or smbpasswd authentication?
What i want is to use default system users (/etc/passwd) for
authentication. The problem is that i already have 2 domains, with users
forced to have accounts in both, the mail password and the proxy
password. Security policies requires changing all those passwords and I
dont want to deal with a fourth password for samba. I know it is quite
old idea, I implemented it almost 10 years ago, but people is used to
access their home folders using their "mail" password and i would like
to keep it that way.
Also my resources are so scarce that I have a single server, so I cant
research an ldap migration  withouth breaking stuff in the server that
handles mail ,proxy, samba and firewall.

--
Roger D. Vargas
Using Gentoo Linux 2008.0, Ogre 1.6.2, fglrx