[Samba] msdfs root -- client error "refers to a locationthatisunavailable"

TEXIER David d.texier at galitt.com
Tue Mar 18 14:37:52 GMT 2008

Hi,

I found one of my problems (it solved my problem on a computer that never
had seen the Windows domain).

It's a name resoltution problem , the dfs links are pointing to
\\Data\xxxxx...

I have to put :

A.B.C.D  Data  #PRE

in the lmhosts file of my Windows XP client (A.B.C.D is the ip address of
the Data computer).

and then it's working

(I first forget to put #PRE ans it was not working).