[Samba] check join Linux (SAMBA) to Domain controller Win2003!

Nguyen Quang Huy quanghuy at vpb.com.vn
Wed Mar 5 02:26:57 GMT 2008

Hi Dear !

        I’m practice lab File server (SAMBA with CentOS 4.6), With model SAMBA is DOMAIN members of domain 2003 server (Sharing file and authenticate with account Domain 2003).  I’m configure windbind (following document userguide):

cp ../samba/source/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so /lib

ln -s /lib/libnss winbind.so /lib/libnss winbind.so.2

cấu hình /etc/nsswitch.conf

# Cau hinh cua HUGO

passwd:     files winbind

shadow:     files

group:      files winbind

#hosts:     db files ldap nis dns

hosts:      files dns

root#/sbin/ldconfig -v | grep winbind

sau đó mình join SAMBA server vào domain :

root#/usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc join -S PDC -U Administrator

---> OK: appear

Joined domain HO.

I’m  configure file smb.conf following:

#======================= Global Settings =====================================

[global]

          workgroup = ho

          server string = Samba Server of HUGO

          log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

          max log size = 50

          security = domain

          encrypt passwords = yes

#         smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

          password server = ho-dc01

#         Setup parameter for domain VPBANK

#         winbind separator = +

          idmap uid = 10000-20000

          idmap gid = 10000-20000

          winbind enum users = yes

          winbind enum groups = yes

#         template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U

#         template shell = /bin/bash

#============================ Share Definitions ==============================

[users]

   comment = Du lieu chung cua moi nguoi

   path = /users/

   valid users = hugo hugo1 quanghuy

   public = yes

   writable = yes

   printable = no

   create mask = 0765

[Public]

   comment = Du lieu Public cua moi nguoi

   path = /public/

   public = yes

   only guest = yes

   writable = yes

   printable = no

then apply: testparm smb.conf  --> OK

final run : windbindd  --> check services start ok. (disabled nscd service)

and I want to list user of domain : wbinfo -u

appear errors:  Error looking up domain users

similar with Groups.

Please help me, thanks!!.

Nguyen Quang Huy

Add: Tang 4 - Trung Tâm Tin Hoc