[Samba] Samba+LDAP problems

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Mon Oct 29 02:24:16 GMT 2007

Celodrake escreveu:
> Hello there...

Hi.

> My name is Marcelo, i am new in this list.
> I don't know if here is the right place for asking about samba + LDAP,
> if not, sorry...

Yes, it is.

> I am finishing to implement a samba server with ldap support but, when
> i want to add some group to the samba domain i obtain the following
> error messages:
> - SMBLDAP_TOOLS
> # smbldap-groupadd -a -g 10000 -s S-1-5-21-blablabla -t 2 domainadmins
> erreur LDAP: Can't contact master ldap server for writing
> (IO::Socket::INET: connect: Conexion rehusada) at
> /usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line 277.
>
> This line code refers to master ldap server, this server is in
> /etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf configuration file.

Trying to add anything else works?

> - LAM (LDAP ACCOUNT MANAGER)
> In section groups i press the New Group button and then i complete the
> form for Unix and Samba 3 sections, but when i press the Create
> Account button it show me the following error message:
>
> (...)
>
> I don't undertand what mean the 1401 line code in  modules.inc file,
> searching in google i don't find information, onle a person who
> advises to use a old samba.schema version, i have the version which
> come with debian packet 3.0.26a and i downloaded the versions 3.0.25,
> 3.0.24 and 3.0.23 but i had no luck, the problem continues there.
>
> - PHPLDAPADMIN
> In left menu, in ou=group section i press Create New Object button, i
> select Posix Group, i complete form with group name and GID and then
> press Proceed>> button. Then Create Object and i obtain the following
> error:
>
> (...)
>
> Searching in google i don't find any information about this error number.
>
> I would be thankful if someone could help me with this problem.
>
> Best regards

I don't use LAM, but use smbldap-tools and phpldapadmin. In turn to
saying that the services aren't properly configured (as nothing worked
and you said that there isnt anything like that in google), I think
helps begin from the beginning.

Are all services running in the same machine?

You said that you are using Debian right? The package 3.0.26a doesn't
come with the stable release "Etch", which release are you using? How do
you configure your apt repositories and install your packages? (if the
packages related with the problem didn't came from the stable
repository, helps write its versions). How did you populated your LDAP tree?

One detail. smbldap-tools doesn't use samba to do its job, it connects
to LDAP directly, so, supposing that you have configured smbldap-tools
properly, its very unlikely that the problem has anything to do with the
samba package, as you have noticed that changing versions doesn't solve
the problem.

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto.