[Samba] Samba+LDAP problems

Celodrake marcejef at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:40:23 GMT 2007

Hello there...
My name is Marcelo, i am new in this list.
I don't know if here is the right place for asking about samba + LDAP,
if not, sorry...

I am finishing to implement a samba server with ldap support but, when i
want to add some group to the samba domain i obtain the following error
messages:
- SMBLDAP_TOOLS
# smbldap-groupadd -a -g 10000 -s S-1-5-21-blablabla -t 2 domainadmins
erreur LDAP: Can't contact master ldap server for writing
(IO::Socket::INET: connect: Conexion rehusada) at
/usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line 277.

This line code refers to master ldap server, this server is in
/etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf configuration file.

- LAM (LDAP ACCOUNT MANAGER)
In section groups i press the New Group button and then i complete the
form for Unix and Samba 3 sections, but when i press the Create Account
button it show me the following error message:

*Warning*: ldap_add() [function.ldap-add
<http://www.skull-one.com.ar/lam/templates/account/function.ldap-add>]:
Add: Internal (implementation specific) error in
*/usr/share/ldap-account-manager/lib/modules.inc* on line *1401
*

   Can't create the DN:
   cn=domainadmins,ou=group,dc=skull-one,dc=com,dc=ar.

Internal (implementation specific) error

I don't undertand what mean the 1401 line code in  modules.inc file,
searching in google i don't find information, onle a person who advises
to use a old samba.schema version, i have the version which come with
debian packet 3.0.26a and i downloaded the versions 3.0.25, 3.0.24 and
3.0.23 but i had no luck, the problem continues there.

- PHPLDAPADMIN
In left menu, in ou=group section i press Create New Object button, i
select Posix Group, i complete form with group name and GID and then
press Proceed>> button. Then Create Object and i obtain the following
error:

   Error

Can't add object to LDAP server.

LDAP sais: Internal (implementation specific) error
Error number: 0x50 (LDAP_OTHER)
Descripción: .

Searching in google i don't find any information about this error number.

I would be thankful if someone could help me with this problem.

Best regards