[Samba] Re: Authenticating with Active Directory

franz.pfoertsch at brose.net franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Tue Mar 13 16:03:03 GMT 2007

Jociel Andrade wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to authenticate Active Directory users in Solaris. I wrote a
> program to do it using smbclient.a lib, but the method Valid_User is
> returning aways the code 1 (Network Error). The program is in attachment.
>
> When I use the following code, the user is sucessfully authenticated:
> smbclient '\\192.168.0.20\downloads' -W adteste -U dmadmin%Senha123
>
> But, this command log in the machine. I need a program that returns TRUE
> for valid username/password and FALSE, otherwise. Can somebody help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jociel

We do something like this using aix for years

what happend when you do the following:

smbclient -L 192.168.0.20 -U  dmadmin%Senha123

echo $?

at my installation I got the share and a "0" back.

In our productiv environment we create a public share to authenticate web
users.

the detailed commandline depends on your smb.conf

regards
Franz