[Samba] no profiles add/saved in samba PDC

B1FF pituran at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 7 08:20:53 GMT 2006

Hello

I am new to the samba world and have problem with my samba installation

I can't use profiles for my Windows Clients (XP/2000)

Version: Samba 3.0.22-13.18 of SuSE 10.1

I use Samba with openLDAP and smbldap-tools. For these progs it looks like all perfect (I can login from the Clients).

I try to use Samba as PDC for my Windows Clients. The Clients can logon to the PDC and I also can use the netdrives I configured in smb.conf. But I can't use the profiles.
On Logon the typical message shows up the client is unable to use/load the serverbased profile and instead it's using a local temporaly profile.
On the samba site it shows up the folder in the profiles-folder for the user I logged in but there is no profile-file.
I changed all read/write rights so everybody can write and read (wrx) but nothing happen.

thanks