[Samba] Windows XP refresh Problem

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 13:53:20 GMT 2006

In theory, the server should notify the client that a change has
occurred on the folder being viewed and then the client refreshes as
opposed to a constant refresh going on. If you look in the smb.conf
documentation, the change notify setting defaults to every 60 seconds.
You could move it out further to lower the impact on the server. You can
also shut if off altogether by setting it to zero.