[Samba] Cannot delete a file, but I can create and edit it !!

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Wed May 31 23:57:45 GMT 2006

> In Samba, I can create a file in his directory (which tells me the
> acl's are working) and I can edit it and save it as well.
> However, I cannot rename it or delete it. And, he can
> only read the file. He cannot edit, rename it or
> delete it either. I am the owner of the file, I should
> be able to delete it, right?
>
> BTW, I am able to create and delete directories just
> fine!!

This sounds like the exact same problem I'm having - I just tried it
and I can indeed delete the directories I create, but not the files.

This is sounding more and more like a bug - you'll probably want to
follow the thread above called "Cannot delete files from samba share"
as I suspect it's the same problem.

Cheers,
Adam.