[Samba] Cannot delete a file, but I can create and edit it !!

s b sb023 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 21:13:02 GMT 2006

Hi,
I am having a problem after upgrading from 2.2.1 to
3.0.13, we also changed domains from NT 4 to Active
Directory.

The problem appears to be with ACL's. Samba is working
fine and the ACL's seem to be working fine as well but
I am running into a problem when trying to delete a
file. For example, a user has a directory and his Unix
permissions are 755, but he has an
ACL configured that specifies my group should be able
to rwx on his directory. In Samba, I can create a file
in his directory (which tells me the acl's are
working) and I can edit it and save it as well.
However, I cannot rename it or delete it. And, he can
only read the file. He cannot edit, rename it or
delete it either. I am the owner of the file, I should
be able to delete it, right?

BTW, I am able to create and delete directories just
fine!!

I have tried to enable map acl inherit, inherit acls,
inherit permissions, etc

But nothing seems to be able to fix it.

This is a production environment that is down so any
help would be appreciated !

Thanks,
Tom.