[Samba] Samba connections issues (3.0.23 on Solaris 8 with NIS+)

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Tue Jul 25 15:57:28 GMT 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Gilles Vautour wrote:
>> I'm curious if anyone has suggestions about a problem
>> we have encountered. We have recently upgraded a 2.2.8a
>> server to 3.0.23.  The server in question is running Solaris
>> 8 with NIS+.  Storage is from our SAN.  Since the
>> migration, we have found that we no longer have access
>> to several shares. They are connected, but we are
>> unable to get to them.
>
> You win the award for the biggest change in an upgrade :-)
> Not funny to you I know ....

I think I might be a challenger for that title.  I went from
2.2.7 to 3.0.22 and switched from /etc/passwd to OpenLDAP
(with PADL) and moved from RedHat 7.2 to Slackware 10.2 and
renumbered the Unix uids while preserving the SIDs, all in
one fell swoop, and all of this on the domain controller.
And the amazing thing is, it actually worked...

   - Logan