[Samba] Samba 3.0.23 + RFC2307 problems with Microsoft DFS referrals.

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Sun Jul 23 14:22:17 GMT 2006

I am running a Samba 3.0.23 installation using RFC2307 bound to a W2K3
AD. I have a working environment and can access and use shares on my
Samba servers if I go direct. However, if I go through a Microsoft DFS
referral I get access denied messages and the following logged in the
log for the accessing machines.

[2006/07/23 14:59:57, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(310)
  Username COHERENT+ZEBRA$ is invalid on this system

Zebra is the accessing machine. I have tried to allocate RFC2307
attributes to the computer object but of course it does not get returned
as a user.

wbinfo -u does not show the computer object and it does not get listed
in the getent passwd output.

However, this works under 3.0.21c with the RFC2307 patches I supplied -
so something has been broken? ANy body got any ideas where I start looking?

I use nss_ldap not nss_winbind.
--

Howard Wilkinson

Phone: