[Samba] Trouble with smbstatus

Maurizio Faccio Maurizio.Faccio at merbe.com.uy
Thu Feb 2 17:58:27 GMT 2006

I am migrating a Novell 3.12 server to linux, I use samba to share the server disk to Win machines
I am searching for a tool like the smbstatus that show me which files are in use and who is using it. I saw smbstatus, but the information that it tells me do not renew so often, I close the files that i am using but the smbstatus still tell me that the files are open. I am looking a tool like the 3.12 monitor.
Another tool that i am searching is one to restore files that the win machines (DOS programs) delete on the server. I Novell I had the Salvage.

Thank you in advance

Maurizio