[Samba] Problems Compiling samba on HP-UX 11.00

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Thu Feb 2 17:02:44 GMT 2006

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the confusion about the library dependencies.  I have edited
the README a couple of times, and I have finally gotten it right (the
build changed), but it will not get posted until the next version.  I'll
send you the new README directly.  Anyway, although the referenced
libraries on the website do not specifically indicate 11.0 support, the
11.11 versions work for 11.0.    This is exactly opposite of how the
Samba binaries indicate 11.0 support, but they also work for 11.11.

So you will be able to use the posted Opensource pre-compiled binaries
on 11.0, if they meet your needs.

I decided to just paste the new README at the bottom of this post - just
scroll down to the bottom.  Read it carefully.

See you later,

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard

Tony Delov wrote:
> [...]
>
> [global]
>         workgroup = MELIMAGE
>         security = DOMAIN
>         password server = melpdc,melbdc
>         log level = 3
>         log file = /var/adm/samba/log.%m
>         preferred master = No
>         local master = No
>         domain master = No
>         wins server = 192.168.5.1
>         idmap uid = 10000-20000
>         idmap gid = 10000-20000
>         printing = sysv
>         print command = lp -c -nb -d %p %s
>         lpq command = lpstat %p
>
> [labwiztst]
>         path = /mnt/labwiz
>         valid users = +"MELIMAGE\Domain Users"
>         read only = No
>         create mask = 0766
>

> On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 09:26 -0800, eric roseme wrote:
>
>>Sorry, can't help with the compile error.  But did you know that we have
>>  pre-compiled 11.0 binaries for 3.0.21a on samba.org?  Look at the
>>README for compile options.  If that does not meet your needs, check out
>>the compile data and see if that gives you a clue to your problem.
>>
>>Eric Roseme
>>Hewlett-Packard
>>
>>Tony Delov wrote:
>>
>>>Problems Compiling samba (samba-3.0.21a) on HP-UX 11.00
>>>
>>>We have been experiencing some problems compiling samba with the config
>>>options below.
>>>
>>>When compiling the auth_script.c make fails.
>>>As a fix, we removed the conditional if/else/endif statements on lines
>>>143/149/155 and it now seems to compile.
>>>
>>>Has anyone else had any similar problem when compiling without the ldap
>>>features or similar configure options?
>>>

>>>$ ./configure --without-ldap --with-winbind --without-ads
>>>--without-pam_smbpass --with-included-popt --without-aio-support
>>>--with-pam
>>>

>>>The make error I get

>>>Regards
>>>Tony D
>

> Attention:
> The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
>
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Gribbles Group.
>
> Thank You.
>
> Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that this e-mail message and any attachments are free from viruses, you should scan this message and any attachments.
> Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachment.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
==========================================================================================================================
README: Samba 3.0.21a
samba_3.0.21a_B.11.00_9000_01_12_06.depot.gz (valid depot for HP-UX 11.0 and
                                               11iv1 (11.11))

Build system: HPUX_B.11.00_9000
Build date: 01_12_06
1.  Required libraries.

   All OS versions:
     LibIconv 1.9.2  (http://hpux.cs.utah.edu)
Note:  The above library version may indicate 11.11 on the
hpux.cd.utah.edu web
        page, but they are valid for 11.0 and 11.11 (11iv1).

   HP-UX 11.00 only:
     J5849AA PAM Kerberos and KRB5 Dev Tools B.11.00.12
(http://software.hp.com)

   HP-UX 11.00 and 11.11:
     OpenLdap 2.1.3  (http://hpux.cs.utah.edu)
     OpenSSL  0.9.7d (http://hpux.cs.utah.edu)
Note:  The above library versions may indicate 11.11 on the
hpux.cd.utah.edu web
        page, but they are valid for 11.0 and 11.11 (11iv1).

   HP-UX 11.23 only:
     ixOpenLdap    A.04.00-2.2.15.003      (http://software.hp.com)

2.  Installing the depot

   Download the .depot file to a HPUX system in the /tmp directory.
   Run swinstall -s /tmp/<depotname> Samba
   Start smbd & nmbd by /sbin/init.d/samba start.

3.  Compiler

   HP-UX 11.00/11.11:
     HP92453-01 B.11.11.06 HP C Compiler

   HP-UX 11.23:
     PA - HP92453-01 B.11.11.12 HP C Compiler
     IA - HP aC++/C for Itanium(R)-based systems B3910B A.05.60

4.  Configure options.

export CFLAGS="-O -DWITH_SYSLOG -DGUEST_ACCOUNT=\\\"smbnull\\\""
export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/iexpress/openldap/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/iexpress/openldap/lib"

./configure \
--sbindir=\${BINDIR} \
--with-krb5  \
--with-ldap \