[Samba] Samba in Windows 2003 AD environment

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Tue Apr 11 18:54:20 GMT 2006

Hi list,

I have looked around in the HOW-TOs and Samba Examples and also
looked at old posts but I'm still a little confused.

My simple question is:

Is it possible to set up a samba server at a branch office in a
Windows 2003 AD domain so that it can handle logins to minimize WAN
traffic?

It is stated in the How-To that Samba can't become a BDC in an AD
environment but as I understand it can be a member server.

Is this enough?

If this is not possible what options are there.  Maybe just put the
NETLOGON share on a samba share?

Cheers,
Henrik