[Samba] Summer Internship 2005

iitd_pranav at yahoo.com iitd_pranav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 02:53:43 GMT 2005

 Dear professor,

 I am IIIrd year student of five year Integrated Course in Mathematics and Computing at Indian Institute of technology (IIT), New Delhi which is one of the premier engineering institutes in India. As a part of the curriculum, I am required to go on an Internship for a period of 60 days during summer 2005 beginning second week of May till July. As it forms a very important part of my curriculum and is the stepping stone of my career, I would like to work in your esteemed organization under your guidance and improve my skills and at the same time try to contribute to your organization as much as I can.

 I am also involved in many extra-curricular activities for my all round development and have held many positions of responsibility which has helped me to integrate my technical, managerial and communication skills. Proficiency in many engineering software and wide knowledge with some working experience adds to my qualifications. Dedication and commitment is what I can assure you from my side.

 If given a chance I assure that I shall not let you down. To let you know in detail about my qualifications and skills I’m sending my resume which follows this letter. Please go through it once and if found worthy, I request you to give me a chance to work under your guidance.

 Yours sincerely
 Pranav Yadav
 E-mail: iitd_pranav at yahoo.com
 	  iitdpranav_yadav at rediffmail.com
 	  mau02491 at ccsun50.iitd.ac.in
 Phone: 091-9818603015

 ******** Resume ********
 PRANAV YADAV

 C-27, Jwalamukhi Hostel
 IIT Delhi
 New Delhi - 110 016
 India.
 Mobile:  + 91-9818603015
 iitd_pranav at yahoo.com
 iitdpranav_yadav at rediffmail.com
 mau02491 at ccsun50.iitd.ac.in

 PURPOSE

 Summer Internship for a period of 60 days during summer 2005 beginning second week of May till July that provides me with:
  1. An opportunity for intuitive thinking and learning while facing diverse problems.
  2. An exposure to enhance my analytical and technical skills.

 Fields of Interest:

 Computer Networks
 Operating System
 Bioinfomatics
 Parallel Computing
 Design and analyses of Algorithms
 Graph Theory
 ALgebra
 Cryptology
 Optimization
 Partial Differtial Equations

 PROJECTS:

 SEMESTER 2005 INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NEW DELHI

 •       Using Microsoft Development Kit designed a driver to encrypt and decrypt all the packages going to and fro. Thus implemented a secure mode of communication between two machines using C language.

 •       Designed point to point (p2p) protocol for data communication between two computers. The main feature of the protocol was that data was transmitted byte by byte instead of packets and parameter negotiation using C.

 SEMESTER 2004 INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NEW DELHI

 •	Developed a full fledged Web-based Server Site which supported functions like login, registration, search, email, upload files using PHP, HTML and MYSQL on Windows Server and Apache under Prof. Lipika Dey (IITD Mathematics Department).

 •	Developed a Web Crawler which crawls pages and stores the pages as well produces the graph of as to how links are traversed during crawling following Robot Exclusion Protocol. Program was coded in Java and application was developed as an applet under the guidance of Prof. Lipika Dey (IITD Mathematics Department).

 •	Wrote the SRS (Software Requirement Specification), SDD(Software Design Document) for both the above two projects.

 SUMMER 2004 INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NEW DELHI

 Digitization, curve matching and character recognition which helped to recognise a single letter from a scanned file of a hand written letter under Prof. M. Hanmandlu (IITD Electrical Department).

 WINTER 2003 INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NEW DELHI

 Automata theory and “Game of Life” studying the time taken to attain the final state depending on the starting pattern of the cells under Prof. Anima Nagar (IITD Mathematics Department).

 EDUCATION

 2002-2005 INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NEW DELHI

 Major: Mathematics and Computing (IIIrd year)
 Expected Degree: M.Tech Integrated (5 years)

 Courses Completed:

 •	Computer Science: Data Structure, Computer Architecture, File Structure & Information System Design, Analysis and Design of Algorithm, Super Computing for Engineering Applications,Computer Technology Lab, Software Engineering, Database Management System, , Operating Systems, Computer Networks.

 •	Electrical Science / Electronics: Signal and Systems, Electronic Circuit Analyses, Digital  Electronics Circuit, Digital Electronics Lab..

 •	Mathematics: Advanced Calculus, Real and Complex Analyses, Metric space, Numerical methods and Computation, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematical Structures, Differential Equations, Optimization methods and Applications, Probability and Stochastic Processes Topology and Functional Analysis, Applied Mathematical Techniques, Computation Methods For Differential Equations, Modern Algebra.

 •	Programming Skills: C, C++, JAVA, Pascal, Perl, SQL, HTML, PHP, MIPS and MATLAB.

 •	Platforms:   Red Hat Linux 7.0/8.0/9.0, Fedora 1, 2 & 3, Mandrake, Windows XP/2k/NT/98/95/3.1, MS-DOS 5.0/6.0, Unix, Solaris.

 Lab Experience:

 •	Built a I/O library to supplement exiting library of C++ compiler to support calls like fopen, fclose.

 •	Using MPI for parallel processing wrote a program to calculate the FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) of a N*N cube using standard serial fast Fourier transform.

 •	Simulated the journey of 5 cars travelling in 3 lanes with the collision detection and lane changing mechanism using “pthreads” in C and implemented the graphics part using “ncurses” library.

 •	Simulated the famous Fish Particle problem using the MPI in C and generated the computation time for various number of particles.

 •	Designed a solution for Real State Company management problem and then implemented the solution using Oracle SQL.

 •	Designed Spell-checker using tries on the top of a source dictionary of 150,000 words.

 •	Studied the dependence of the length of Minimal Spanning Tree for random input points in a hypercube of k dimensions.

 •	Build a mini calculator to carry out addition, substraction and multiplication in hardware laboratory.

 •	Worked with 8*8 and 16*16 RAM to implement sate machine and GCD (Greatest Common Divisor) in computer architecture.

 1999-2001 KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA, REWARI

 Major: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology.
 Grades: 80.0% in CBSE, 2001

 1997-1999 JAIN PUBLIC SCHOOL, REWARI

 Major: Science, Mathematics, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Social Studies
 Grades: 88.0% in CBSE, 1999

 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

 •	Language proficiency: Hindi, English and done Basic German. Course flouted by IITD in association with Max Muller.

 •	Received Merit Certificate for being among top 0.1% in Mathematics in Secondary School (1999) awarded by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).

 •	Ranked 17th in the NATIONAL level science Olympiad 2001 organised by National Science Olympiad Foundation in India.

 •	Ranked 5th at the State level by National Science Olympiad 2001.

 •	Secured an All India Rank of 1024 in IIT Joint Entrance Examination in which over 250,000 students across the country compete.(i.e. In top 0.5% of the country).

 EXTRACURRICULAR

 •	I was Coordinator of the Hospitality Cell of Tryst  (IITD Annual Technical Festival ) this year (2005) http://www.iitd.ac.in/~tryst.

 •	Member of Security team in Rendezvous (IITD Annual Festival) 2002.

 •	Won prizes in Athletics at district level.

 •	Selected to represent school at State level Sports Meet .

 •	Played Badminton at district level .

 •	Participated in events organised by various clubs in IITD .

 •	Won numerous competitions in literary and debating clubs at district level.