[Samba] Excel files & file modification time

plaurent at Wabtec.com plaurent at Wabtec.com
Wed Jan 26 16:50:11 GMT 2005

Hey folks -

I saw that thread, looked through the release notes, and tried the fixes mentioned, but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone know if the Excel issues will be fixed anytime soon? I've got Engineers here who are not happy about modified times that change when files are accessed.

Philippe

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+plaurent=wabtec.com at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces+plaurent=wabtec.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Lieven Van Acker
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:14 AM
To: Samba
Subject: Re: [Samba] Excel files & file modification time

This must be related to this one I think

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-April/084461.html

There were a couple of fixes wrt locking issues addressed in latest 3.0.11pre1.

Regards,

Lieven

Op do, 20-01-2005 te 10:33 +0100, schreef Bostjan Müller:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a problem on samba running on RHEL 3 kernel 2.4.21 with RHEL 3
> samba packages - samba-3.0.7-1.3E.1.
> The problem is, that when people open excel files (with office 97
> version of excel) the file modification time is changed (even if the
> file is only opened and excel closed without saving).
> This same problem does not occur on the [homes] share (in every test
> untill now it never happened on that share).
>
> I am wondering what is different between [homes] and other shares,
> since I do not have any special/different settings for those shares.
>
> I hope someone can enlighten me with an answer.
>
> Regards,
> Bostjan
> --
> buhdej evridej
Lieven Van Acker                       e-mail: Lieven.VanAcker at UGent.be
Directie ICT, Afdeling Infrastructuur
Groep Systemen                                      tel: +32 9 264 4732
Universiteit Gent                                   fax: +32 9 264 4994
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be