[Samba] Re: winbind ppp 2.4.3 versus ppp-ntlm_auth.patch ppp 2.4.2 + chapms-strip-domain.patch

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 3 11:09:50 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 00:49 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> i just compiled ppp 2.4.3 on suse 9.2 which worked nice.
> for yet, i didnt get ready to test ppp winbind auth, as i want a new smb
> server for this.
>
> But i have another question to this stuff
> did you include the
> pppd-2.4.2-chapms-strip-domain.patch
> in 2.4.3 ? or  do you know anyone has ported it? ( its very usefull to me )

No, I have not had anything to do with it, as ntlm_auth deals correctly
with the domain.

> Finally, a backport of ppp-ntlm_auth.patch
> to version 2.4.2 would be great so i could produce
> a new suse 2.4.2 rpm including this brand new winbind stuff. ( rpmbuild
> fails at create for many suse patches on  2.4.3  )
> I dont think suse will upgrade to ppp 2.4.3 until a new distro version
> is comming up

There were security issues in the earlier patches, so I've removed them
from the current SVN repository.  The issue occurred when pppd was suid,
and my patch was used.  I would suggest running the real pppd 2.4.3 - it
can't be that hard to rebuild the entire RPM.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net