[Samba] ACL MIGRATION : copy from nt4 to samba preserving the rights

brennion at buerstner.com brennion at buerstner.com
Fri Feb 11 10:35:09 GMT 2005

Hi,

I think I've now managed to configure samba successfully to support acls,
but I need to know how to copy the shares from my ntserver to the samba
machine, without loosing the rights...

Other problem is with the backup, is it possible to normaly backup the files
and directory from an other windows server, or should I write to the medium
directly form linux... I fear that the dummy users (root and so on) may
cause problem when recovering files ? Am I wrong ? Somebody already perform
backup ?

Thanks,
Sébastien