[Samba] "passwd program" directive and windows

Jerome Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Fri Dec 9 09:35:07 GMT 2005

Hello,
Users on our domain can change their password because of the "passwd
program" directive in smb.conf
The script called by this program only update user's passwords. I
would like to add security for the choosen passord, ie i would like to add
control on the number of upper case, lower case, digit... This is not a problem.
I'd like to know: if the passord is not conformed with the policy, is there
a way to return to the windows's user a popup to tell him that there's one
upper case missing, or ...
If this is not possible, is there a way to just tell him that security
policy is not reached ?
Thanks
--
Jerome
This email is solely intended to the addressees and contains confidential