[Samba] Establishing an Extensible Directory Service with OpenLDAP - Part 1

Dortch, Dustin dustin.dortch at sambadmin.com
Fri Aug 5 00:41:21 GMT 2005

Establishing an Extensible Directory Service with OpenLDAP - Part 1
August 4th, 2005

by Dustin A. Dortch

In this series we will look into the use of OpenLDAP as a core service in a network infrastructure. Our key concerns will be extensibility, security, reliability, and ease of use. Directories are becoming common place is network infrastructures. With Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory/NDS use of LDAP to provide their core services, we have further validation of that fact. Another positive fact is that Samba has great LDAP integration and is often used for single sign-on (SSO) purposes.

Read full text...

http://www.sambadmin.com/sambadmin/?postid=10