[Samba] need help in solving the metion problem,

srinivas rao tekkem_sri at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 22:08:31 GMT 2005

I am trying to install printer drivers on XP workstation using APW, and the printers are avalible on linux box (server) and shared over network using samba 3.0.
I could add printer, associate driver, delete driver using rpcclient. But the requirement is that the printer will be added using rpcclient and user must be able to add drivers using APW method locally on XP/Windows system.
When ever  I tired to do this, by double clicking on the printer at explore, it is trying to locate driver and asking for the installation. If I opt for installation, though the printer drivers are available it is giving error message "windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver. Contact your administrator for help locating and installing a suitable driver".

Here are the my configuration detail,

[printers]
   available = yes
   browseable = yes
   comment = All Printers
   path =  /var/ispQ
   guest ok = yes
   printable = yes
   writeable = no
   public = yes

[print$]
   path = /usr/project/isp/var/printers
   guest ok = yes
   browseable = yes
   read only = yes
   write list = root @printeradmin
   admin users = root @printeradmin
   create mask = 0777
   directory mask = 0777
   force create mode = 0777
   directory mode       = 0777
   force directory mode = 0777

[global]
  load printers = yes
  local master = no
  dns proxy = no
  winbind gid = 10000-20000
  winbind uid = 10000-20000
  guest ok = yes
  printing = lprng
  show add printer wizard = yes
  #log level = 10
  log file = /var/samba/smbd.log
  addprinter command = /scripts/addprinter
  enumports command = /scripts/listports
  printcap name = name
  encrypt passwords = yes
  guest account = guest
  max connections = 50
  lock directory = /var/locks
  username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
  browseable = yes

please help me in solving this problem. The same configuration did work fine with samba 2.X version. This started occured when we migrated to samba3.0

Tekkem