[Samba] Mirrored samba servers.

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Thu Apr 28 12:24:27 GMT 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Richmond Dyes wrote:

> I have a customer that is using 250 gig drives for his business data.  I
> have been using rsync to keep mirror copies of his data on a second
> machine.  In the last 3 months I have lost 2 of four drives, the last
> one being the system drive.  I have been doing a manual switchover. Each
> time rsync runs, I copy my samba conf files, passwd, shadow and group
> files from etc.  Has anyone setup a HA configuration for samba servers
> on separate machines. If so, where can I get information for this kind
> of setup?

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/SambaHA.html

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-AS-2.1-Manual/cluster-manager/s1-service-samba.html

http://www.openminds.co.uk/high_availability_solutions/file_servers/samba.htm

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/sys-auto-linux/downloads.html

(the ibm link is for AIX *and* Linux for Power).

Googled - "high availbility samba" and "high availability samba aix"

Bill