[Samba] Re: tests with samba-vscan 3.6 and 3.6 latest cvs exclude by regex feature failed on suse 9.2 samba 3.13

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Apr 12 18:32:38 GMT 2005

Hi Rainer

Rainer Link schrieb:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:26:45PM +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>>recompiled samba-vscan 3.6 against samba 3.13
>>on suse 9.2 no failures, build rpm ( no suse patches to vfs vscan )no
>>failures,
>>small test -> everything seems to work.
>>(tested with clamav and fprotd)
>

> Fine :)
>

>>fetching latest cvs code to test exclude by regex, recompile clamav
>>no compile failures but
>>samba logs shows bugs like this
>>/usr/sbin/smbd: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/samba/vfs/vscan-clamav.so:
>>undefined symbol: fileregexp_init
>>as written in cvs it seems this needs more testing in the code

> Please don't expect sources from CVS to actually compile or
> functional at any time (unless they are not marked as "snapshot",
> "alpha" or better). I commit changes without any prior compiling or tests.

i dont expect so, but it is a urgent feature i need , so i take the
sunday to try as i ve seen your cvs comment

>>if anyone is interested in the produced rpms
>>for suse 9.2 ( src included ) with samba-vscan 3.6
>>( suses version is 3.5 with patches )
>>they will be loadable for a small time at
>>http://www.robowarp.de/samba-robo/
>>warning: dont use the rpms on production systems, as they are small tested
>

> Kudos to Lars Mueller of Novell/SUSE samba-vscan 0.3.6 RPMs can be found
> at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/ (for various SUSE Linux
> versions). Of course, these are not official SUSE RPMs and not QA'ed!
> So, use with care.

yes i see he merged it for the 3.0.14 release

the suse rpms are hopfully ok as i
noted to Jerries last mail
i had no problems with build the 3.0.15pre1 rpms on suse 9.2
otherwise Lars should recompile it and release it to suses servers
i have no idea what Jerry means with bad assert line, and if it is
urgent to release the rpms
But i am not in hurry to upgrade on production systems
so Jerry and Lars wil fix it anyway in a few hours

> To discuss samba-vscan bugs, further development and plans please use
> openantivirus-discuss or openantivirus-developer mailing list.

your right i will do so, i ve only mailed this to samba-list too,
as if anyone is interested in the rpms which are now obsolete
but i how can know suse merges to vscan 0.3.6 with the new
samba release.
I will kill the rpms on my www, cause i felt everybody should use Lars
Suse rpms

As my warm thx go to Lars and you doing such nice work and
producing rpms in real time

and now up to Fc Bayern on TV *g

> Thanks
>
> best regards