[Samba] Re: tests with samba-vscan 3.6 and 3.6 latest cvs exclude by regex feature failed on suse 9.2 samba 3.13

Rainer Link link at unfug.org
Tue Apr 12 18:14:46 GMT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:26:45PM +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:

Hi,

> recompiled samba-vscan 3.6 against samba 3.13
> on suse 9.2 no failures, build rpm ( no suse patches to vfs vscan )no
> failures,
> small test -> everything seems to work.
> (tested with clamav and fprotd)

Fine :)

> fetching latest cvs code to test exclude by regex, recompile clamav
> no compile failures but
> samba logs shows bugs like this
> /usr/sbin/smbd: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/samba/vfs/vscan-clamav.so:
> undefined symbol: fileregexp_init
> as written in cvs it seems this needs more testing in the code

Please don't expect sources from CVS to actually compile or
functional at any time (unless they are not marked as "snapshot",
"alpha" or better). I commit changes without any prior compiling or tests.

> if anyone is interested in the produced rpms
> for suse 9.2 ( src included ) with samba-vscan 3.6
> ( suses version is 3.5 with patches )
> they will be loadable for a small time at
> http://www.robowarp.de/samba-robo/
> warning: dont use the rpms on production systems, as they are small tested

Kudos to Lars Mueller of Novell/SUSE samba-vscan 0.3.6 RPMs can be found
at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/ (for various SUSE Linux
versions). Of course, these are not official SUSE RPMs and not QA'ed!
So, use with care.

To discuss samba-vscan bugs, further development and plans please use
openantivirus-discuss or openantivirus-developer mailing list.

Thanks

best regards
Rainer Link