[Samba] Domain Member Server won't work.

Alexander Goeres agoeres at lieblinx.net
Tue Jan 27 17:56:25 GMT 2004

Am Dienstag, 27. Januar 2004 17:35 schrieb Vincent Poitras:
> Here are the configs of my PDC. (Ip: 192.168.10.2)
>
>         workgroup = COREDIUM
>         netbios name = IMBRIUM
>         server string = Samba Server Imbrium
>         encrypt passwords = Yes
>         smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
>         unix password sync = Yes
>         log level = 0
>         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>         max log size = 50
>         time server = Yes
>         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>         logon script = netall.bat
>         domain logons = Yes
>         local master = Yes
>         os level = 255
>         preferred master = Yes
>         domain master = Yes
>         wins support = Yes
>         security = user
>
> This works fine.
>
> The problem is the Domain member server I am trying to put on. Here are
> the configs for it:
>    workgroup = COREDIUM
>    netbios name = CORUM
>    server string = Samba Server Corum
>    guest account = coredium
>    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>    max log size = 50
>    security = domain
>    password server = *
>    encrypt passwords = yes
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>    local master = no
>    os level = 33
>    domain master = no
>    preferred master = no
>    domain logons = no
>    wins server = 192.168.10.2
>    dns proxy = no
>

> When I run testparm it tells me that everything is ok.
>
> But we are not able to browse any share on the member server.
> Does someone know what im doing wrong???

I'm not sure if that is of help (I never set up such a configuration) but is
the second server - CORUM - a member of the domain? Did it join the domain as
described in:
http://de.samba.org/samba/docs/man/domain-member.html#domain-member-server ?

On the other hand I was reading something about the winbind-daemon that is
used to authenticate a Linux-Client: "can be used to resolve user and group
information from a Windows NT server"?

> Vincent Poitras

greetings
Alexander