[Samba] Domain Member Server won't work.

Vincent Poitras vincent.poitras at coredium.com
Tue Jan 27 16:35:09 GMT 2004

Here are the configs of my PDC. (Ip: 192.168.10.2)

        workgroup = COREDIUM
        netbios name = IMBRIUM
        server string = Samba Server Imbrium
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        time server = Yes
        logon script = netall.bat
        domain logons = Yes
        local master = Yes
        os level = 255
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        security = user

This works fine.

The problem is the Domain member server I am trying to put on. Here are
the configs for it:
   workgroup = COREDIUM
   netbios name = CORUM
   server string = Samba Server Corum
   guest account = coredium
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 50
   security = domain
   password server = *
   encrypt passwords = yes
   local master = no
   os level = 33
   domain master = no
   preferred master = no
   domain logons = no
   wins server = 192.168.10.2
   dns proxy = no

When I run testparm it tells me that everything is ok.

But we are not able to browse any share on the member server.
Does someone know what im doing wrong???

Vincent Poitras