[Samba] Samba requires ldap?

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 17:28:40 GMT 2004

>When I try and run nmdb I get ./nmbd: error while loading shared libraries: libldap.so.2: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory because my system doesn't support ldap at the moment.
>Does samba require ldap? or just the same libraries? Anne

Samba does not require LDAP libraries, but it sounds like the nmbd binary you are using has been
compiled with LDAP support included.
If you want to use Samba without LDAP you will need to obtain a binary comiled without LDAP support, or
compile your own binary from the source code. Or you could install the LDAP libraries by downloading
them from www.OpenLDAP.org, again I think you'll need to compile them yourself,

 thanks Andy.