[Samba] ADS Authentication

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Wed Dec 8 08:01:46 GMT 2004

Hi,
Your pam.d/logon file locks nice, mostly......
as you stated, the winbind part is authenticating correct, so you would
be able to login with an ADS account, if not the pam system would try to
verify the posix-account too.
This is why you get asked for the second password.
As i'm running linux and you FreeBSD there are differences in the syntax
of the pam-files.
There must be an option like "use_first_pass" in your system too, and i
guess it would apply to the lines calling the "system"-module.
You'll have to check your pam documentation for this.
It is definitly not a samba problem.
After winbind authenticated the user there is no part of samba involved
in the login process anymore.
Christoph