[Samba] Managing users

Koenraad Lelong k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Tue Dec 7 10:55:47 GMT 2004

Hi,
I'm struggling to manage users via the Nexus-tool on a Samba PDC. I am
unable to add users, although I can remove them and add and remove
groups. When I try to add a user, there is a message 'Procedure number
out of range' or something like that (I'm translating from Dutch).
I'm using the smb.conf of Samba by Example, chapter 4, from the CD. I
did the validation tests descibed in the book, and all is fine.
I'm using Samba 3.0.9, on Suse 9.0, using the RPM's. Running USRMGR.exe
on WinME.
I looked around on the web but I didn't find answers. I put log-level to
10 but I can't find any clues, since I don't know what to look for.
Sniffing the network does not help either.
Can anyone help me in the right direction ?
If this is explained somewhere, please apologise, but I didn't find it,
so any pointers are welcome.
TIA
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,