[Samba] how legal is samba

Jason Adams jadams at pmz.com
Thu Nov 20 22:25:58 GMT 2003

I understand that the smb protocol is not in any violation, what i was
talking about was does setting up a samba box to authenticate windows
users conflict with any laws, seeing as how you are now negating the
requirement for a licensed windows server. I would love to get rid of
our Win2k pdc but my manager is a little sketchy since we have been in
the eyes of the BSA for some time now (another story).
Jason