[Samba] John Terpstra Update

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Nov 15 02:44:36 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'd like to apologise to those who did not attend events in Boston at
which I spoke, or was present for book signings, for not doing more to
create greater awareness and for poor publicity on my part.
	(It was never my intent to act in secret.) :)

1) In future I will notify this list of events I will be present at.
(That may encourage other Samba-Team members to do this also.)

2) We can try to do a better job to keep this list aware of documentation
updates, releases, activities, and issues. I'll do my best on this.

3) The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide book update (per
requests received) is:

	- Sales are going well, - a big thanks to all!
	- The second printing should be ready to ship soon
	- A third printing will start soon (next week)

Note: These printings are not new editions. They are the original edition
with fixes only. I will advise within 14 days where Errata can be found
(as soon as they are posted).

4) The feedback received regarding the Samba-HOWTO-Collection and the
above book has been acted on. Please keep it coming. We want to improve
the quality of our documentation further. So far there is every comment
that has resulted in improvement/addition to the HOWTO. The

5) Samba-HOWTO-Collection is updated regularly and is now automatically
uploaded to the web site. See the documentation section of the Samba Web
sites.

6) I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is willing to, and who can,
contribute examples ofthe network configuration using Samba. This
information will help with new documentation I am working on.

Cheers,
John T.
--
John H Terpstra